Sunday, April 01, 2012

Welcome to the A-Z challenge and please note:

All the words and art displayed on this blog belong to me (unless otherwise noted) and is part of my practice of being a student/teacher/mom/wife/artist who is working out of Anthroposophy (the philosophy of Rudolf Steiner and the foundation of Waldorf Education).

The theme of my A-Z challenge is Norse Mythology as I am in the process of writing a musical play for my 4th grade students. This will be my help-mate.

The gods in Asgard were true artists- All-father Odin most of all as he hung on the tree for 9 days, sacrificing himself for knowledge, which for the gods was not a materialistic gain but a true embodiment of wisdom.


Artist
by 50 foot Queenie

You forgot the time
while the chalk and the glue
and the paint and the newspaper
gathered in increasingly potent arrangements.

The last verse must be left for editing later as the
Moment is not yet ripe.

Do not clean up.
Do not bathe.
Phone ringing is like background music to the meditation
Of this now-ness.

Rehearsal time belongs to the Call.
And when you hear it
All is nothing,
It is all.

Could you be someone else
In five minutes?
Could you transform your whole way
of seeing the world overnight?

This is the work.

14 comments:

50 foot QE said...

It is before 9 am west coast time April 1st and this year's A to Z challenge has begun. I am glad that the posting police have already made the rounds but since it is before 9 am I don't think it is too late for me to do an A.

Unknown said...

Wow, that's really something! Love that poem! :D

Victoria from Always a Booklover

nutschell said...

I certainly hope to get The Call one of these days. :) Great to meet you through this A-Z!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

mshatch said...

glad you're joining the challenge; I'll be looking forward to your posts :)

Tara Tyler said...

awesome verse, capture the work of creating art beautifully!

Unknown said...

A very interesting poem. I'll have to return to it later to get the full meaning. Good luck with the rest of the alphabet!

Dawn M. Hamsher said...

I can certainly relate when I am "creating". All else drops away.

Thank you for your words.

The Write Soil
1st Writes

The Writing Goddess said...

Norse mythology and 4th graders. Cool.

Jenny said...

Interesting theme for the month. I'll come back to learn more about Norse mythology!

Jenny
Choice City Native A to Z

Grammy said...

Hmmm...very interesting... I reckon I'll have to come back later, too. Very thought provoking.
Thanks for the originality. :)
Ruby

Beverly Diehl said...

I always picture Norse gods as looking a little like Fabian. (I know, he's Italian, but...) Love the way you describe all the mediums, the chalk, newspapers.

Christine Rains said...

Interesting theme! Great poem.

jerichas said...

My mother's parents are anthroposophists, and a friend of mine builds Waldorf dollhouses for a living -- so I grew up with all the beautiful wooden toys. I have such fond memories of them. Delighted to see another making lovely thinsg to share with others!

Eliza Wynn said...

You've chosen a fantastic theme for the challenge! Norse mythology is very interesting.

Ellie
Ellie's Blank Book
Ellie's Couch
Help Michigan Pets