Tuesday, April 12, 2011



"To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge." Henry David Thoreau

How do you KNOW what you KNOW? And also, when it changes (as it always does)?

I know I am kind but I also know I am moderately difficult.
I know I claim kinship with many people with whom I have no blood ties but there are times that I cast out a whole country with the word, "Fools!"
I know the present moment is the best for finding truth and that the past has increasingly drugged me and detained me from living fully.
I know my "enemies" are really angels disguised in order to teach.
I know that patience is a powerfully ally but not yet my personal friend.
I know parenthood is a joyful and sublime journey on the path of humility.
I know my beliefs do not define my essence nor yours and yet at times I pretend to think otherwise.
I know love is not always a bouquet of roses but sometimes a desperate longing or an emptiness waiting for that which comes.

2 comments:

mshatch said...

patience is a powerfully ally but not yet my personal friend - I can relate to that one!

nice post.

Unknown said...

Great post!
gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com