Sunday, April 17, 2011



OPENING

The last time I felt like this was when I was in the process of falling in love with my husband AND AT THE SAME TIME having to leave a job about which I cared a great deal. I was in a state of free fall. The window was open and I was leaving a position where many of my friends and connections existed and my sense of self was being questioned and redefined. The difference between the last time and this time is that I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE and I still feel like I am losing. And last time I managed to snag a really excellent job within 2 weeks!

The rune for opening looks like this:

<


and its meaning is clarity or darkness dispelled.

I tried to get on a plane last Thursday for Bali with my family but was barred from boarding because the airline we were ticketed with insisted on me having 4 blank visa pages in my passport (I had three). It was for me the last straw in a series of seemingly strange events that have me thinking I have lost my mojo, my strength, my magic. Everything I have been trying to do since January has eluded me. The window is open and my songbird has flown.

Or has it?

2 comments:

Sarah Allen said...

Dropping by from the A-Z challenge. Great blog!

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

mshatch said...

how absolutely ridiculous.