Sunday, April 24, 2011



Ugly? An unfortunate and unbelievably untrue statement:

I was looking for an old friend online today. She is an installation artist and used to be in a wonderful rock band (Cathouse) from Detroit. Her name is Elizabeth Underwood. I am not sure where she is living now but she was living in New Orleans when the levy broke and a good deal of her work after Katrina hit revolved around the grief and healing that occurred at that time.

I found a couple of interesting interviews with her and scrolled down to see a really ridiculous comment,

"Who is this ugly tranny anyway?" and it really hurt to read these words. My friend is an incredibly beautiful person. She wears bookish glasses and has a low voice but is extremely feminine and I just couldn't believe the unkindness.



This comment came from an individual with the word meat in his moniker and was posting from one of those pro-Masculine websites. I guess they don't teach much about being a man at this institution just about how to insult beautiful, talented, authentic and loving women. Sad.

It just reminds me again. There are people like this also.

No comments: