Friday, December 26, 2014

A knock on the door

Today I woke up late to a very blue sky and sparkling frost on the ground. When I took Lulu out there seemed to be more birds around than usual and I imagined my nephew, who is a bird aficionado, identifying them all . And Lulu, who really appreciates the woods, stopped here and there to meditate on the sounds and the movement in the trees. She investigated an old bird nest. She was still. While most people experience the over-enthusastic and pulsating side of my dog, she has the capacity for true focus and appreciation for the now. I really admire animals for this.

Yesterday my daughter left for the week-end with her dad. I was alone on Christmas and I didn't really like it much. Then there was a knock on the door. One of my neighbors, a wise elder of the Eco-village, invited me to dinner and also to help him with a more creative project.

I also received a young visitor with a basket of treats from his family. He stayed and played with Lulu, talking with me all the while. Then he tried out Booty's stilts and made progress with them, again talking amiably. And asked for a temporary tattoo and a gingerbread cookie. He ran home when it was time for me to leave for dinner.

I continue to study the materials and work through my new job orientation online. I find the movement of today more comfortable (stuff to do) and send a wish for better health to arise out of my positivity.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am here.

Anonymous said...

I am here

Anonymous said...

I am here.

Rebecca Nelson said...

I am here

Dave Sherman said...

I am here.

Yeng Yen said...

I'm here.