August 16
More Mysore sweets!!! Special Mysore Pak from C. We are now addicted.
And kitty girl smells the ghee, yum.
Why do I feel especially guilty for wanting some personal time? Is it because I think my daughter who is adopted should never sense that I don't want to be with her? I do feel I am wrong for getting upset when she exhausts me. It doesn't help when I think, “Well, you signed on for this.” The problem isn't me, or my cranky daughter but we won't delve into this.
My friend is out visiting another mom who has an adopted baby here in India. Mine is napping so we are here waiting for the Internet dude to come and get us back on line. After two weeks of promises from the government network system to show up and connect our Internet we went with a local guy who could come right away and was cheaper. Unfortunately, it is not working and he will have to come back to solve the problem.
We went for a quick dip in the pool and lunch. Sadly, the water was a bit cold for the baby (and me too) and she was not really enjoying herself as much as she has because of her sore teething gums. The food at the club is quite good, especially all the Indian fare. They make dosas in the evening and I suspect they are good. I am looking forward to trying them out. One of the American kids played with us for a little while. She is a natural with babies and has a nice temperament. I haven't had the chance to chat with her mom.
The plumber came today to fix our water heater. It seems the downstairs water is scalding and the upstairs water is tepid. After replacing all the washers on the heater pipes because they were burnt out the plumber told Mr. D that we can't leave the water heaters on or it will cause damage. This was a piece of information that would have been helpful.
We aren't able to get any international papers yet but I am really not ready to give up. India Times is really not a very good paper but it is fine for local stuff. I had hoped for more world coverage and less glamor. I guess the web will have all the information I need.
Tonight H will go to the ashram for satsang which starts after 7 pm. Us chickens will stay home and mind the marble floors
No comments:
Post a Comment