Friday, August 15, 2008

August 15
India's Independents Day

I am still looking for a good video/music/book store. I might have to go to the next town. There are absolutely no walking parks nearby. Only in Bangalore. We have our water delivered and the newspaper (India Times) will be delivered tomorrow.

Yesterday we went to the Police Commissioner's Office to register as resident foreigners. Getting into town was a real crazy traffic nightmare. We got stuck on MG road which has major construction of the new Metro train. Think Big Dig.

This morning Sanbate led us to the playground and Emma's family. Emma is just in from London and has twin three year olds and a baby girl Sanbate's age. We also met Anuja, her husband and son who is the same age as our baby. Anuja has been living in Palm Meadows since before her son was born and she has also lived in San Francisco AND Boston and the midwest. Both ladies seem very nice. Their husbands also.

Friend C comes again today! For two nights! We will pick her up at the local station instead this time and hope that she is able to make the connection at Bangalore.

I watched the rest of Deewar last night with Amitab Bachan and Shashi Kapoor. Altho' it is quite melodramatic and old (with really fake blood) I enjoyed the story line- Two brothers on either side of the law, fighting for their heroic mother's love. As much as I like Shashi, Amitab is peerless.

No comments: