Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Yesterday Sanbate and I went to the International adoption clinic for an intense consultation which left us feeling a little bereft. The words, "failure to thrive" were used in reference to the almost nonexistent growth she has shown over the last 3 months. It is very possible that our girl has ghiardia or some kind of parasite/bacteria that is inhibiting her body from intaking nutrients. The girl eats and sleeps like a queen but still does not grow. Her digestion is also very challenged and one can hear the battle going on inside her belly after a meal. Mr. D and I are a little anxious about it especially after the febrile convulsion last week. So, we bought a temporal temperature gauge so as to keep track of any fever immediately and I am petitioning our primary care doctor for an appointment today so that we can get a referral for a blood panel and stool check.

None of this has stopped her from being an affectionate, curious, playful, and stunningly gorgeous lovebaby.

1 comment:

Karissa said...

Oh Mrs. D! I do hope everything turns out alright with the little one. It is so wonderful to see you're back and to see you holding the wee one in your arms! You are glowing!