Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Our agency called to let us know we will be staying in Awassa the night before our embassy appointment on Monday. As it stands we will leave early on Sunday to travel to the birth family's location (?) and then back to Awassa for the night. Awassa is not far from Addis so it shouldn't be difficult to get back in time for appointment at the embassy in the afternoon.

On a different note and in regard to what is happening TODAY:
I want to stay positive about the primaries. I want to be inspired that so much has happened with the nation actually getting out and voting for the first time! In Texas and places you would think that the current administration had paralyzed. I want to stay optimistic about this "Change" Americans are hungry for. But I have to tell you I am nervous about it. I am anxious about it. Because I do have hope that the grown up running is not going to give in to "the silly season" in politics. Is not going to stoop to fear mongering and racial baiting. That Barack Obama will continue to run in his "presidential" way.
With leadership.
Credibility.
Intelligence.
Dignity.
Strength.
Compassion.
Vision.
And a whole lot of blessings from his supporters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Awassa is kinda far (measured in time, not in distance). I've been told the drive takes between 6 - 8 hours one way. So please leave in plenty of time!!

Is the birth family in Awassa proper or somewhere else near there?

(I ask because my Elsa is from the Sidama area, too, but a small village outside of Awassa.)

50 foot QE said...

Thanks Habeshachild! My friend from Addis said that the road between Addis and Awassa is good and that the drive is 4 hours. But we will leave in plenty of time regardless. Our embassy appointment is at 2pm and we will leave Awassa very early in the morning.
I wish I could tell you exactly where we are going outside of Awassa. Sanbate's family is from Shebedino but I am not sure where they are living now.
I will be excited to tell you as Elsa will likely be from a neighboring village.