Form drawing is taught in Classes 1 to 5 (in Waldorf Schools), and
consists essentially of freehand drawing of non-representational
forms. It was an entirely new subject when Rudolf Steiner introduced
it in the first Waldorf school in 1919. Today it is still new, in the
sense that we are still discovering fresh aspects of it, and different
applications.-Rosemary Gebert article
I have noticed that when I practice Form drawing I feel more centered. In fact, it can be used to help create balance in (or remove hindrances from) children It was something I did extensively when we lived in Singapore. I even taught it as a class for children and also as a workshop for adults. I like to make up forms and sometimes I find a form that is so compelling I will spend over an hour working on it.
I recently met a woman who also had to leave a Waldorf school and she suggested that I come and teach something at her farm. There are so many things I love to do. I like making puppets and putting on puppet shows the most. I particularly like marionettes because they are light and easy to move. I like writing music and plays. I like being removed from the focus and making the being I have created the center. Stages for puppet shows are very manageable and resources more diverse. It is the perfect combination of art and performance.
Crankies and specifically the duo Anna and Elizabeth in this link offer up a great example of performance that is also art. Craftmanship and history. These things are very inspiring to me.
In search of that which remains inside of me after all the winds die down.
What stays?
I have noticed that when I practice Form drawing I feel more centered. In fact, it can be used to help create balance in (or remove hindrances from) children It was something I did extensively when we lived in Singapore. I even taught it as a class for children and also as a workshop for adults. I like to make up forms and sometimes I find a form that is so compelling I will spend over an hour working on it.
I recently met a woman who also had to leave a Waldorf school and she suggested that I come and teach something at her farm. There are so many things I love to do. I like making puppets and putting on puppet shows the most. I particularly like marionettes because they are light and easy to move. I like writing music and plays. I like being removed from the focus and making the being I have created the center. Stages for puppet shows are very manageable and resources more diverse. It is the perfect combination of art and performance.
Crankies and specifically the duo Anna and Elizabeth in this link offer up a great example of performance that is also art. Craftmanship and history. These things are very inspiring to me.
In search of that which remains inside of me after all the winds die down.
What stays?

5 comments:
I am here.
I am here.
I'm here.
I am here.
I'm here.
Post a Comment