Sunday, January 04, 2015

Assets and Liabilities



Start with the assets:

A healthy and loving daughter

A loving brother nearby

Spiritual Practice

People I know on the street- 9 families at least
who would help if I needed help- some who really know and love me

Returning health

6 more months of schooling for my daughter

A house

The woods behind my house

A great dog (not really measurable but had to mention)

Chickens and their offerings (fertilizer and eggs)

A reliable car

A Masters and a BA

Years of travel and friends from around the world

An upcoming  very part time job 

 Ok now the liabilities:

Depression

Sugar addiction

Paralysis (not wanting to go out)

Lots of short term employment (no job for longer than 3 years)

49+

Live in Failing school district

Still blaming others (abandonment and betrayal issues)

Looking for liabilities why? Because that is how I solve my problems. I look at my assets to see what I have to work with and then my problems or the things that are hindrances/liabilities. And I can see by this list that  I have a longer assets list. Maybe this is because while depressed I am more optimistic than I thought or perhaps I have more than I know.


 




7 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

I am here.

mshatch said...

I am here.

Anonymous said...

I am here.

Dave Sherman said...

I am here.

Ozrik said...

I'm here!

Yeng Yen said...

I'm here.

Yeng Yen said...

I'm here.