Tuesday, July 20, 2010


This is the last picture taken of Missy who passed into kitty heaven today. She enjoyed the cool rain. Came inside and quickly seizured and passed on. H arrived home as she was gasping her last breathe.
Booty was not really able to grasp what was happening and insisted that I read her a story. As H sat with his dear friend of 19 years I read to Booty. It was the hardest read so far in my life.
Missy was all that.
Sweet. Soft (she never got yucky). And selfless.
I think she knew that she needed to wait until H got home. And she tried.
Dearest girl. Not aloof at all like some cats. But attentive. We really don't know how we will move on.
oxoxoxoooMissy!

5 comments:

Kali Om said...

I loved that cat, too.

How is Sissy doing?

vicki said...

I'm so sorry! I cried for Missy even though I never knew her, because I still remember when our 20-year-old cat, Nigel, died six years ago. He died at home too.

Corinne said...

Hi Elizabeth, so sorry to hear about your Missy...we had an 18 yo Kitty who passed away just after Maya came home. They really are a part of the family and it hurts when its their time. Thinking of you.

Sooz said...

r.i.p. sweet furry friend. into the Light.

50 foot QE said...

Your comment made me tear up!
We are working on letting Missy go.
Yes. into the light loving one.