Wednesday, June 30, 2010




This is a very BASIC round but so lovely.
I am gathering my resources for camp and hope to use this one.
For this Waldorf Craft Camp starting at our home here on Monday I have the following fun activities planned:

Games with a rope that involve shaping the rope cooperatively and jumping over it,
"Jack be nimble..."
Singing and clapping songs.
Form drawing (read drawing celtic knots) starting with spirals.
Clay with pressed leaves.
Wet on wet watercolor painting.

Bean bag games.
Wool felting colored balls with ribbons which turns them into cool comets.
And a story.

Seeing as how we are doing camp here instead of at school I pray that the Booty girl doesn't get too bent about me being here but not available. I guess it will be as it needs.

We have guests staying on Friday and Saturday night (Jake and Bella Tan) who are doing a Waldorf intro talk. I hope Jake and Bella can bring some light onto the subject as we have so many "talks" and so little actual Waldorf living here. It is a question that lives inside me. Marinating. Well, actually right now I believe it is simmering.

1 comment:

mshatch said...

remember this two person clapping game?

...Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack,
all dressed in black, black, black, with silver buttons, buttons, buttons, all down her back, back, back, she asked her mother, mother, mother, for fifty cents, cents, cents, to watch the elephants, elephants, elephants, jump off the fence, fence, fence, they jumped so high, high, high, they reached the sky, sky, sky, they never came back, back, back, til the fourth of July, July, July, July.

or the bouncing ball game India we used to play against the chimney on the porch.

ah, those were the days, when games were simple and required no plugs, when a stick could be a sword and a treehouse a fortress.

what is Booty making in that bowl?