
Two days of fasting have passed and I am on a strict- Silence Meditation course- diet. This means I am taking the headache and body aches that occur when one removes all the caffeine and sweets to which one is accustomed BEFORE the course. The first two days were strict fresh squeezed juices and broth days. Bad headache. And body aches the second day. Stupidly, we decided to bring the girl to Wild Wild Wet and only lasted an hour-with pounding music and lots of screaming kids. Booty finally got her fries and she ate them with a seriousness I have seen only in NASA think stations.
Today my body is still not 100%. I went for a two hour pain treatment, I mean massage. One would think I am a dedicated masochist but I am convinced that my body is out of wack and needs to be wacked back into its rightful place. I had a few words to say to the therapist tho',
"Hey do you think you could make an exception for once and go a little easy on me?
I could go easy but the best way is to go to the painful spots and release the block.
But what if I am experiencing pain the whole two hours? Thats not right is it? I mean the idea is that I get to relax a little. I am almost nauseous with pain right now."
He eased up a bit and actually there were a few really excellent moments especially when he wasn't working on my calves, feet, shoulders, and back. I guess that leaves my a** and my head.
Free your mind and your a** will follow
or rather
Free your mind and your a** will follow...
immediately.
The rest takes time.
Also today the therapist decided since he was the only english speaker on staff he would take all the phone calls.
While he was working on me.
After the 6th call I asked him if he was planning on taking calls the whole time. He gave his excuse and then admitted to feeling bad about it.
"If you feel bad about it, don't do it! It feels like you aren't prioritizing the customer you have. You are prioritizing the customers to be. It doesn't make sense!"
No phone calls after that.
And the next hour was so much better.
1 comment:
Good for you for speaking up.
This is my week to Face the Brutes (the first was today; turns out I really am fired. Oh, well).
Post a Comment