Thursday, October 22, 2009

Massive!

Singapore harbor is kind of menacing but cool. It gives me the goosebumps to see all these huge ships so close. I have always had a thing with big ships. My first real movie at the theater was The Poseidon Adventure and it made an impression on me and my older brother. That and Jaws.

Yesterday after an appointment at Mt. Elizabeth's Medical Center I walked across Orchard Road (Singapore's Michigan Avenue) to Takashimaya, an upscale mall. When I say upscale I mean it. Singapore's malls are the most luxurious and modern in all the world. Can I say that? Not really, but I just did and would be surprised to find an equal number of posh indoor shopping arenas. Anyway, I found an excellent art store, ART FRIEND. This was wonderful for me specifically because I had been looking for some origami paper and here it was, along with other much needed supplies.

1 comment:

mshatch said...

Isn't it great when you unexpectedly find just what you need?