Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Five campers so far

Five Waldorf campers have signed up so far:

Two 8 year old boys
A 7 year old boy
A 5 year old boy and
A 5 year old girl

We cannot have camp unless two more children enroll. I have had many requests from parents to stretch the age limits (5-8) but I feel that this gap is quite big enough.

I remember when I was teaching how rewarding the work with the children was and how challenging the work with the parents. This is still true. I still seem to be easily caught off guard by their seemingly "silly" questions and requests. I know this is one of my tests in this life. To breathe and work toward understanding how I can help the parents of my students.

1 comment:

mshatch said...

this happens at my work, too. admittedly, our patients don't 'talk' but boy the questions owners ask! like, "does my dog have to wear this e-collar?" It would be great if once in a while you could say what you would like ie: "no, feel free to let your dog lick his incision area until it is raw and bleeding and infected and you have to call us at midnight and pay the $75 emergency fee." Instead of: "Yes, it's very important for Rover to wear this so he won't lick."

Parents always ask silly questions and it is trying to be patient. Maybe that is a lesson for both of us?