Thursday, September 15, 2011





It has been over a week since we started at The Tacoma Waldorf School. Booty is enjoying it but prefers not to stay for after-care which is unavoidable when I am teaching. Otherwise, students are beginning to adjust and I am beginning to learn how to teach them. Mostly, just re-evaluating my expectations.

Mt. Rainier looms large, the passing freight trains enter our dream-life and the sigh inducing sunsets hold on just a little longer.

Getting up mighty early to make sure to do my practice and be ready to leave the house packed and prepared by 730. When monsoon season starts I am sure everything will shift again.

Mr. D continues to travel back and forth from his crazy work meetings yonder to home. I hope his suitcase does not disintegrate en route. It is looking a little battered.

Booty enjoys whatever she is offered. A patch of flowers, a red wagon, gems, anything really especially engagement. Lots and lots of ENGAGEMENT.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are finding your rhythym and life is good. poor mr h's suitcase :( i hope you'll all be together sooner than later.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Welcome back .. and it's so new for now .. settling takes time .. yet travelling takes its toll .. Enjoy though - cheers Hilary

Kali Om said...

Thank you for the photos.

I'm near the Metra tracks, so it's all trains, all the time here too. I kind of like it. And I love that we have that too in common...