I just embarrassed our housekeeper by yelling (over the wall) at our neighbor's housekeeper,
"G**! You've got to stop the dogs barking! Every night when I sit down to eat they go at it! (pause) Take them for a walk for gosh sakes!"
Our housekeeper told me her whole face blushed when she heard me. But really. The neighbor's housekeeper is a nice young woman but she rarely takes the two dogs out for a walk and because of this, they bark when they are let outside in the yard. And we are all right next to each other so it is easy to hear the dogs Woofing away. To be fair, most of the dogs in the neighborhood are neglected in this way. They are lucky to get out of the house to go relieve themselves. And this is because one can't expect the housekeeper to cherish a dog the way an owner does (or should).
It is not a very nice detail of expat life.
No sir. I don't like it. Not one bit.
1 comment:
I don't understand people who have dogs and neglect them. Why did they get them in the first place?
Post a Comment