Sunday, May 16, 2010

Whatcha readin"?

Right now I am reading "The Story of Forgetting" by Stefan Merrill Block and "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell. Having already read, "What the dog saw", "The Tipping Point" and "Outliers" I figured I should read the best seller. I like Malcolm Gladwell's work.

Movies?

Watched Douglas Fairbanks' "Thief of Bagdad" last week and LOVED it, which surprised me because it is a silent movie. But it includes a magic rope, magic carpet, white winged horse, mermaids, a dragon, a very excellent evil khan Mongal, and lots more.
And last night "Grapes of Wrath" a John Ford adaptation of Steinbeck's novel.
the cast is phenomenal (Henry Fonda!!!) and the screenplay excellent.

For the last few weeks we have had a Filipino Eurythmist stay with us, Grace. She is so warm and fun to talk to. Booty loves having the company. And Mr.D is doing some therapy with her which is really great! Selamat Grace! (Thank you in Filipino)

No comments: