The new view
Our US appliances aren't functional yet because we haven't been able to use our Indian step-down converters, (you know, the huge electrical boxes we had custom-made for the specific wattage of our different appliances). Our local electician will need to cut the plugs off these monsters and wire up the Singapore plugs. Since the voltage is the same, it isn't a problem except for hauling them over to the shop. H will use a heavy duty rolling suitcase to transport them from the cab to the store. Anyone who remembers me telling H when we moved from California, “Don't bring the electronics or appliances!!!” may hear me clear from Singapore say to him, “I f#@$%&* told you so!” Such is the “bliss” of being right all the time.
Before we moved here we heard such wonderful things about public transportation and yet we have not ridden one bus or train?!!! This afternoon I pour through all the map books I have trying to find a way to walk with a stroller or ride with a burley wagon to the nearest train station. I want to ride the train with the baby but I also want it to be fun and not scary. Tomorrow we drop off our bikes at the bike shop around the corner from our house for a tune up. Then we will begin our bike and train adventures.
It is hard to believe we will be travelling to the states in less than three weeks. And when we return we will have family visiting here. So I have got to take a course in “Knowing Singapore” and get ready for a marathon planetrip with Booty.
2 comments:
Wow- a new adventure!
Can't wait to hear more of what it's like.
You are funny! Can't wait to see you in July and hopefully those big f&#@i@)^ appliances will be humming along by the time you get back!
Post a Comment