Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Husband thinks all I do in my vast amount of free time is blog. I have been wanting to post lately but my last post seems more important than anything I want to say about our move and my struggles to stay authentic and upright/centered.

I love all my blogging/facebook friends. And I think it is important to note I know you all personally. I say this because it is part of why I blog and post to facebook. I want to stay in touch with family and friends. I NEED to stay in touch with them for my sanity. I am so grateful for those moments within the last 3 years overseas when I got to share a joke or hear a silly/interesting story or even share in the latest sorrow. Thanks peeps, you are not a "collection" but a small and precious team of loving people who have supported me no questions asked. We live and become.

That said, once I start teaching again which may be very soon, I won't have the time to blog as much (if at all). I started blogging when I stopped teaching. Teaching in a Waldorf school requires an immense amount of physical, psychological, intellectual and emotional energy. Not to say that anyone else's job doesn't. But for me, to be happy with the quality of my teaching work, I need to do a bit of preparation each day.

And then there is Booty. She will need me too as Mr. D will be traveling and starting a new (and exciting) project as well. She will be in a bigger community of families and adapting to yet another country. A lot to ask a little one.

We will be flying out of Singapore in two weeks!

3 comments:

F said...

The more I live here, the more I realize how transient the expat population is here. Everyone is coming and going!

Wishing you lots of luck in your next move.

50 foot QE said...

Thanks! I love your blog and will certainly continue to check in.
Best to you and Jeff! :)

mshatch said...

can't wait to see you :)