I AM TRULY SORRY
***
I henna-ed my hair today, inspired by another friend who also recently henna-ed. It came out exactly the color it was supposed to- mahogany. And so my hair has a shiny reddish brown tint to it.
It turns out it is sort of like my scarlet letter.
A very dear and kind friend of mine told me today how I have been harsh with her in the past and that it hurt her deeply. And if this is not bad enough, there are a few others I have hurt because of my harshness.
And I am going public with this very private information because I don't want to do this anymore. And I am glad that my red hair warns everyone who sees me- "Here comes that hothead. Look out!" And reminds myself when I look in the mirror- "Don't let your righteousness wrong others."
I don't want to be a hot head anymore. I want to be a warm person and to be truthful, yet kind and simple in my words.
1 comment:
Hi Elizabeth, I'm sure your hair is just lovely....and we are all having to work on something about ourselves. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Post a Comment