An update for those who subscribe to the saying, "The Cure for Homesickness is the idea of home":
I had my third "preliminary" job interview early this morning and it put me in a fine mood. Because even if I don't get the job, the idea was discussed at length and put me in a homeward bound mood. That is, content that the "possibility" of going home is still very much a reality.
The next step is actually traveling home to interview in front of the teachers and students. A performance of sorts. Hence my backstage insecurities.
Why do we do it?
Why do we go through the fire and the floods when we could just as easily teach in a much less exposed way?
I think that we are not unlike actors/musicians in that it is the vulnerability that is part of the teaching. It is our very self that is left open to receive what may come. And the willingness to do this for a chance at serving is a kind of gift. Sometimes we fall on our faces and look a fool (that would be me most of the time) but then we get up and try again.
Here I go. Trying again.
3 comments:
Think I'll use the next to last paragraph as my mantra today. Beautiful. And true.
who are you interviewing with?
Tell you in an email.
:)
Post a Comment