Friday, November 19, 2010

Our helper quit this morning without notice.
Our daughter was crying for an hour after she had only 10 minutes to process the entire thing and say goodbye.If you know a little about adoption you know that when people leave it is a big deal.

We found out an hour ago that she quit because she wanted a job in the same building as her sister. She had gone on interviews without telling us and accepted a job without our knowledge. When she quit, we asked her if she had gotten another job and she told us no.

What a relief to have her gone. I never knew, "people are like this also".
More interesting is that the American that is hiring her, heard my entire story and decided that she would hire her anyway.

Please explain. Anyone.

5 comments:

mshatch said...

There is no explanation. Some people are just completely oblivious and lack whatever it is that makes them considerate. They still think it's all about them and their needs. I know. I work with someone like that. I'm so sorry, for you and the girl :(

Kerry said...

Selfish :( I don't understand why she could not have told you she wanted to find a job elsewhere weeks ago so you could prepare little girl.

F said...

Sorry to hear your helper left so suddenly. Hope things work themselves out soon.

Flora

Kali Om said...

I can understand why the helper did what she did. She was protecting herself. People on the bottom often have to do this in order to survive. If she'd told you, you might have fired her, and she might not have been hired. Then where would she be? Perhaps the other American said she wouldn't hire her unless she started right away. Also there was probably some shame-related procrastination involved.

As for the other American boss: How many women do you know who've had an affair with a married man, only to win the prize (marry him) and then be cheated on themselves? Yet the ego though, "He won't do that with ME." Ha.

Good luck finding a new helper.

50 foot QE said...

Actually, I may not have said this but her contract states that she needs to give one month's notice and this is all I asked for. When I spoke to the woman who wanted to hire her, she was fine waiting.

I wonder what she was protecting herself from?

We had a very kind and flexible relationship.

Now that she is gone, we realize the space that has been opened up to us. We won't be hiring anyone in this capacity again.