When he disses. He disses good.
Once again the president hit the nail on the proverbial head.
"When times are tough, you tighten your belts," Obama said, according to a White House transcript of his appearance Tuesday at a high school in North Nashua, N.H.
"You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage," Obama said. "You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college. You prioritize. You make tough choices."
"I'll do everything I can to give him the boot," Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman said during a hastily called news conference, adding that he was incensed when he heard about the comments and said he would no longer welcome the president here if he visits.
Am I terrible because this gave me a hearty laugh?
Because once again President Barack Obama, (my hero most of the time) says it like it is? It seems to me at least.
I have been known to call Vegas "Hell on earth", and if you are the mayor of "hell" you don't want any of Obama's ilk keeping people out.
Unfortunately, Obama backpedaled and said later to soothe the objectors, he didn't mean to pick on Vegas and "There is no place better to have fun than Vegas, one of our country's great destinations."
How about everyone who loves Vegas gets to send their children to school there? How about they have their parents retire there? And they can also live and work there? How about that?
The rest of us will try to save our money, put our kids into decent schools and build community instead of money pits that drain the integrity out of every day people.
Singapore is building a huge casino on Sentosa, a small island hugging its shores. Sentosa used to be a peaceful luxury spot with a quiet beach but I am worried about the effect of a casino on the country.
No comments:
Post a Comment