Thursday, January 07, 2010







It doesn't look good for the drop off program we planned. But that just means more time to make stuff!

I finally made the purse roll today. It is nice because you can take out the inside zip pockets to make more room for bigger stuff (passports, wallets...)I admit, tho' that it isn't really made with precision. I just sewed it up without ironing or measuring. I guess I am more a sculptor than a seamstress. I got the shiny ribbon from Bombay, my absolute favorite place to shop.

Behind my family's house are alleyway shops and streets filled with open air shops where you can find some seriously beautiful things for shockingly low prices. It helps to bring Mr. Discount (my father-in-law). He is notoriously thrifty and will bargain a shopkeeper down to the last rupee. I can't decide if I feel good about my purchases or guilty.

No comments: