CHILD.
We are still waiting. I thought for sure the I-600A would arrive by now since we were already cleared by the state of MA. And the wait time for Ethiopian infants continues to increase every month. Sometimes I wonder. Sometimes I stop and feel as though I am disappearing.
Last night we went to a sports bar/brewery pub to watch the Patriots play the Colts since we don't have cable and Mr.D is into football (a little).It seemed we were surrounded by Colts fans and when the Colts jumped ahead toward the end of the game we were deafened by the cheers. Unfortunately for them their joy was short-lived. The Patriots pulled ahead during the last few minutes and won the game.
When we arrived home I insisted on watching the Marx brothers movie, The Cocoanuts because there are auditions for this show at the Contra Costa Civic Theater and I wanted to see if there are any good parts.
I am totally taken by Harpo, who I think was an absolute genius, (not to take away from the brilliance of Groucho or Chico). But how many actors (Not MIMES) can communicate intensity without speech? I really dislike the three stooges but not because I don't like physical humor. I appreciate the art of physical comedy (Peter Sellers, Charlie Chaplin etc.) but I don't enjoy cruelty or stupidity (3 Stooges). The Marx brothers aren't dumb or even out of touch. I am. For just having discovered them.
Mr. D discovered last week that in San Francisco if you find yourself involved in a fender bender you DO NOT CALL THE POLICE! They do not have the funding to attend to fender benders unless someone is injured and needs an ambulance. My theory is that there are so many minor traffic accidents (because of the lawlessness of the California driver) the police could not possibly staff the reporting. I have not been a fan of intersection cameras in the past (having fallen victim in Canada during our honeymoon) but in California I believe it is necessary. Who is at fault when both parties claim innocence? Mr. D needed a photographic record or witness to vouch for the recklessness of the driver passing him (on the left)in an intersection as Mr.D was turning left.
The driver who met fenders with Mr. D was a US Postal Worker speeding to keep up with the demands of the job, (or Netflix).
California,
CALIFORNIA! (sung by Joni Mitchell)
No comments:
Post a Comment