This is regrettable. I have not posted since January and left February 07 in the dust as if it didn't exist. Here my friends are confiding the most intimate details on their blogs regularly and I am acting as if NOTHING, not even a strangely shaped bowel movement, has occurred in my life.
Well. It isn't true.
Husband has moved to Sauselito, (town above San Francisco) and we have been engaged in a rather challenging long distance marriage with plans to reunite, i.e. live together again, in SF area permanently.
Today I write this blog from lovely Sauselito, a town not unlike the one I in which I lived during high school, Chatham, Massachusetts. I am sitting in the "floating home" my husband is renting, overlooking other house barges as I like to call them. Many people refer to these abodes as house boats but they are NOT boats. They have cement foundations and do not have engines and are not mobile. At least not the ones around here.
This particular community is quiet and restful which has been a relief on this trip mainly because I have been sick since I arrived with a particularly strong respiratory infection and flu. We have cancelled all kinds of plans and poor husband's fantasies of taking bikes up to the Marin Headlands or more realistically, over the Golden Gate Bridge have been dashed unromantically onto the mudflats these houses sit on during low tide.
One of the goals of this trip has been to find an appropriate neighborhood in which to live. There are no appropriate neighborhoods (within our budget ) in which to live so we will be relying on a miracle to help us to secure housing in May/June. Perhaps we will squat in an abandonned floating shanty. Or slum it in the corporate-stepford-style housing that is plentiful on the penninsula. I will be personally petitioning the Goddess Laxshmi and Lord Ganesh to assist us in this plight as I see them as more reasonable than the housing market in California.
Staying here on the house barge really isn't an option. Soon our little glorious child will come and the ten minute walking commute from the parking lot to the "boat", including the impossibly steep and precariously railed-ramp will be out of the question. This is, alas , not a child friendly community but one consisting mostly of peace-loving older artists who may occasionally entertain grandchildren but spend most of their time painting/writing, gardening or on floating home improvement
naked.
Has anyone seen Annie Sprinkle?
It really is lovely. But only a temporary sanctuary. sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment